ISY994 + Tesla = Awesome
The way we are going, pretty soon ISY will be driving your car and you can sit back and relax! Till then, bask in the awesome integration of ISY and Tesla and enjoy unprecedent automation and control!
- Use your preferences in ISY Programs to honk the horn, lock/unlock doors, open/close the sunroof, and flash the lights
- Use battery range, state of charge, and your own preferences – such as price of electricity – as conditions to automate when to charge/discharge
- Use a motion sensor on the outside of your home as a trigger for your Tesla to honk the horn and flash the lights to thwart off intruders
- You need firmware version 5.0.15 or higher
- You need an ISY Portal account
May 2, 2019 @ 11:48 am
This is Awesome!
May 7, 2019 @ 9:24 am
Awesome!!! I did same thing using Raspberry Pi.
I cant wait to use it.
The only thing i see with ISY is the fact that UD doesnt have their own app… mobilinc is expensive for their User Interface down to date…
Me as an installer see ISY as the best system out there for mid class clients. But there is something missing…
I also deal with fibaro and neocontrol, both of them free app and beautiful UI… but their capability is way behind ISY…
May 7, 2019 @ 9:27 am
Thanks for the feedback Thiago. Yes, and we are working on it …
May 24, 2019 @ 6:05 pm
This is pretty cool.
Does it poll continuously? That could cause some serious vampire drain. If so, could there be an option to make it only query the care on command (I.e. update the values only when we change something on the car, or issue a query)
Is there any chance of adding something similar for the Tesla Powerwall? I believe the API is similar, and may even use the same oauth token as the cars.
May 26, 2019 @ 12:07 pm
It polls as frequently as specified by the “short poll” value.
If you do not want that, you can set the poll value to a very high number. It will still poll, but the car will be in sleep mode and will not be queried. Then if a program needs to query, it will have to first wake the car (there is a control on the node to do that), then query.
And, yes, we will work on the Powerwall as well.
With kind regards,
October 24, 2019 @ 2:59 pm
Does the Tesla API include drive status? The Tesla app shows when the car is Driving vs. Parked, it might be useful to have that kind of status exposed to ISY.